Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blacks and Whites

I'm cracking myself up with this title.  It IS Black History Month, after all.

The blacks and whites I'm talking about here are doors.

So we're definitely {well, 80% sure} going with dark wood or laminate for the floors in the house.  We'll use the same flooring throughout the whole house, with the exception of the bedrooms, which will have carpet.  I'm a pretty serious fan of the same solid flooring flowing through a home.

And we also have white trim, so I'm imagining it will end up looking something like this:




Source: flickr.com via Abbey on Pinterest


We also have a bunch of doors in our house, mostly down the hallway.  Right now, the doors are white to match the trim {duh}.  But I saw this image on Pinterest, and I'm crushing pretty hard.

Source: curbly.com via Abbey on Pinterest


So be honest...what do you think??  Would white trim + black doors + mocha floors just be too much?  I think it works in this picture...do you?


What's your opinion? Black or white?

1 comment:

  1. OK, I may change my vote. I think it totally comes down to the wall color. I don't care for the stark black and white on the lower picture, but if your walls were a warm tan/taupe/greige whatever, I think it could work.
    I forgot that we had dark brown doors in the old house. And I liked the white trim with the contrast. And ya, there's always forgiveness vs. permission...

    ReplyDelete